Wednesday 3 April 2013

When did I first notice I had OCD type issues?

I was always a worrier as a child. As I grew up and passed from adolescence and into adulthood the worries were worse than ever before. It seems to me that I just adapted to living with worries. It was only as I got older that my worries became more pronounced. For example I would worry about being ill, checking for unusual signs of illness. When i worked as a cook I would be too focused on cleaning up, a little scared that any left over food or associated dirt would cause illness. It seems from my reading that adolescence and early adulthood are the times when OCD and other mental health conditions can kick in. That was what happened to me. I was diagnosed in my early to mid twenties and since then I have develpoed an understanding that has seen me move forwards,

No comments:

Post a Comment